This is correct and intended behavior I believe.

By default, packages archives shipped on the ISO images are signed with
the cdimage key, and are trusted.

This means one can perform [dist-]upgrades from installation ISOs (note
these are no longer produced by default).

And enabled one to install packages from the ISOs (e.g. install updated
openssl on a 14.04.0 host from the 14.04.1 server iso; another example
install optional drivers off the desktop iso).

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-keyring in Ubuntu.

  ubuntu-keyring imports the Ubuntu CD Signing Key as a key trusted by
  apt

Status in ubuntu-keyring package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  Please take this with a grain of salt as I'm not reporting it with a
  clean trusty install at my fingertips.

  ubuntu-keyring ships a /usr/share/keyrings/ubuntu-archive-keyring.gpg
  file that contains the Ubuntu CD Signing Keys (old and new):

   % gpg /usr/share/keyrings/ubuntu-archive-keyring.gpg
  pub  1024D/437D05B5 2004-09-12 Ubuntu Archive Automatic Signing Key
<ftpmas...@ubuntu.com>
  sub  2048g/79164387 2004-09-12
  pub  1024D/FBB75451 2004-12-30 Ubuntu CD Image Automatic Signing Key
<cdim...@ubuntu.com>
  pub  4096R/C0B21F32 2012-05-11 Ubuntu Archive Automatic Signing Key (2012)
<ftpmas...@ubuntu.com>
  pub  4096R/EFE21092 2012-05-11 Ubuntu CD Image Automatic Signing Key (2012)
<cdim...@ubuntu.com>

  They end up being trusted by apt because the keyring is taken as the
  initial trusted key set in /etc/apt/trusted.gpg. This is most likely
  not what we want.