** Also affects: webbrowser-app (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to webbrowser-app in Ubuntu.

  Bypassing certificate checks

Status in ubuntu-download-manager package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in webbrowser-app package in Ubuntu:

  I'm hosting a webserver. Right now I have not registred my SSL-Certificate,
so I have to confirm with
  "proceed anyway"; Then I can access the homepage without problems. But if I
  try do download something from this homepage, the download shows in download
  manager, but it does not start. Copying the downloadlink via rightClick and
  selecting copy Link, then opening the Terminal and typing "wget
  www.link.de/file --no-check-certificate" works pretty fine.

  I think, the browser delegates downloads to UDM, the Ubuntu Download Manager.
  guess UDM doesn’t allow bypassing certificate checks.

  If nessesary I can provide a temporary download link for testing the
  issues.

  Tested on UbuntuPhone OTA9 (Nexus 4)