I agree ubuntu-system-settings should just handle seemlessly the
existence or non-existence of aethercast on the system (meaning
proposition 2.). If u-s-s does not cope well with this package being
gone, it should be a Depends instead of a Suggests. But that is a
different thing.

But that being said, on touch images we *require* aethercast to be
installed by default, so it should be added to the seeds. I will take
care of that.

** Changed in: canonical-devices-system-image
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Łukasz Zemczak (sil2100)

** Also affects: ubuntu-touch-meta (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: ubuntu-touch-meta (Ubuntu RTM)

** Changed in: ubuntu-touch-meta (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Łukasz Zemczak (sil2100)

** Changed in: ubuntu-touch-meta (Ubuntu RTM)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Łukasz Zemczak (sil2100)

** Changed in: ubuntu-touch-meta (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: ubuntu-touch-meta (Ubuntu RTM)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-touch-meta in

  aethercast binaries disappeared from the system

Status in Canonical System Image:
  New
Status in aethercast package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in ubuntu-system-settings package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in ubuntu-touch-meta package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in ubuntu-touch-meta package in Ubuntu RTM:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  After update to 182, the aethercast binaries disappeared from the
  system, leaving the external display page in system-settings broken.

  phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ system-image-cli -i
  current build number: 182
  device name: turbo
  channel: ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu-pd.en
  last update: 2016-09-18 20:11:35
  version version: 182
  version ubuntu: 20160917
  version device: 20160824-d33b825
  version custom: 20160831-992-8-12

  UPDATE: I've been told the change to make aethercast an option suggestion in
system-settings caused to not have aethercast pulled in in the image builds.

  It seems like there are 2 fixes needed:
  a) Seed aethercast in relevant phone images
  b) fix system-settings to hide the external display section when aethercast
is not around. Currently the button is there but just does nothing.