I don't think there is currently any reasonable way to verify this bug,
nor that this fix necessarily fixes the core issue. I was only able to
recreate this issue when using the branches to attempt to avoid deleting
the U1 token at all (which, I've since come to realize is basically
impossible to avoid at this point), and when I attempted to use the
proposed fix, instead of a blank window, I simply got no window, because
online-accounts would not open the account plug-in to log in again, if
the account already exists.

While the code being fixed here may have been wrong, I don't think it
will give the desired result. Even with this fix, one must still delete
the account in order to get the login window to be displayed.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-system-settings-
online-accounts in Ubuntu.

  Setup.exec() for existing account type results in blank full screen
  window

Status in Canonical System Image:
  In Progress
Status in webapps-sprint:
  In Progress
Status in ubuntu-system-settings-online-accounts package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  If an account already exists, calling Setup.exec() again results in a
  blank window being overlaid on top of the application which made the
  request. There is no way to close this window.

  This API is what the online accounts integration in the scopes API
  relies upon, to allow logging in to accounts, and so we have come to
  rely upon this API as well in multiple places, as a means to log into
  the Ubuntu One account, when it is necessary to do so. However, due to
  this issue, the only way to reliably present a login window at an
  appropriate time, is to delete the account when it appears to have
  been invalidated by the server, and to then present the login window
  to create a new account.