Maybe it's just because of missing systemd service files. May someone
post a list of a working configuration?

phablet@ubuntu-phablet:/etc/systemd/system$ sudo find . -name "*.service"
./bluetooth.target.wants/bluetooth.service
./bluetooth.target.wants/bluetooth-touch.service
./plymouth.service
./network-online.target.wants/NetworkManager-wait-online.service
./dbus-org.bluez.service
./shutdown.target.wants/unattended-upgrades.service
./reboot.target.wants/plymouth-reboot.service
./default.target.wants/ureadahead.service
./kexec.target.wants/plymouth-kexec.service
./multi-user.target.wants/NetworkManager.service
./multi-user.target.wants/whoopsie.service
./multi-user.target.wants/cron.service
./multi-user.target.wants/plymouth-quit-wait.service
./multi-user.target.wants/repowerd.service
./multi-user.target.wants/pppd-dns.service
./multi-user.target.wants/cgproxy.service
./multi-user.target.wants/ufw.service
./multi-user.target.wants/cgmanager.service
./multi-user.target.wants/plymouth-quit.service
./multi-user.target.wants/lxc-net.service
./multi-user.target.wants/rsyslog.service
./multi-user.target.wants/click-system-hooks.service
./multi-user.target.wants/isc-dhcp-server6.service
./multi-user.target.wants/ofono.service
./multi-user.target.wants/ssh.service
./multi-user.target.wants/isc-dhcp-server.service
./multi-user.target.wants/lxc-android-config.service
./multi-user.target.wants/lxc.service
./multi-user.target.wants/openvpn.service
./multi-user.target.wants/urfkill.service
./graphical.target.wants/accounts-daemon.service
./plymouth-log.service
./sysinit.target.wants/plymouth-start.service
./sysinit.target.wants/resolvconf.service
./sysinit.target.wants/plymouth-read-write.service
./sysinit.target.wants/systemd-timesyncd.service
./display-manager.service
./getty.target.wants/getty@tty1.service
./sshd.service
./poweroff.target.wants/plymouth-poweroff.service
./halt.target.wants/plymouth-halt.service
./syslog.service
./dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to indicator-network in

  Network Indicator / Connectivity-API is not accessible

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Incomplete
Status in indicator-network package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Sometime in the last few days my phone lost the ability to connect to
  wifi networks and the network indicator at the top has stopped
  working.

  Currently between "Bluetooth" and "Sound" I have a gear icon and the
  caption "indicator-network".  When I select it, the rest of the screen
  is blank.  There are no settings available and no way to connect to a
  wifi network.

  On the System Settings app, if I tap on the "Wi-Fi" icon, I can see
  "Previous networks".  But below that the page is just white, there is
  no way to select a wifi network.

  Rebooting the phone doesn't seem to fix the problem.

  Given that this is an MX4 and therefore the USB port doesn't work, and
  there's no SD card slot, there's vanishingly few ways to get data in
  and out of this phone now.  If there's a solution to the problem, it's
  going to have to involve something other than updating system
  software.

  Current system software is Ubuntu 15.05 (OTA-12).