I jointly worked with the zfsonlinux maintainer on a patch that will be merged
in 0.7.0 milestone
#4680, has been tackled in two parts. the first part (patch that will be
merge in 0.7.0), change from /etc/mtab to /proc/self/mounts, and keep
the existing mtab update functions alone in the mount helper.
Eventually, a second part would be for ZoL contributor/maintainers to do
the integration with libmount. libmount didn't exist on Linux when the
mount helper code was originally written. That could allow ZoL to drop
their custom code.
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to sysvinit in Ubuntu.
zfs services fail on firstboot if zfs-utils is integrated into the
Status in sysvinit package in Ubuntu:
Status in zfs-linux package in Ubuntu:
* zfs services fail on firstboot if zfs-utils is integrated into the
* Output from systemd -
sudo systemctl --failed
UNIT LOAD ACTIVE SUB DESCRIPTION
● zfs-import-scan.service loaded failed failed Import ZFS pools by device
● zfs-mount.service loaded failed failed Mount ZFS filesystems
* This is particularly frustrating for users who use automated
monitoring as it means virtual machines must always be restarted
before showing as clean.
* This failure is due to zfs services starting up before /etc/mtab
has a chance to be symlinked to /proc/mounts.
1. Grab a stock xenial image, and unpack it and add zfs-utils to it. Repack
2. Boot machine
3. Check systemctl --failed.
* This can likely be resolved in the systemd init scripts, by modifying
zfs-linux to depend on /proc/mounts instead, or inclusion of
/lib/init/mount-functions.sh in initscripts (sysvinit).
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~touch-packages
Post to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~touch-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp