As with unity-scope-click, you could try out https://requests.ci-
train.ubuntu.com/#/ticket/1960 which has two pending QDBus patches that
are however not yet merged or approved in upstream.

We had also problems with telepathy-qt and signon with QDBus, but two
patches were landed that made QDBus ok with those. However, do note that
the QDBus rewrite in Qt 5.6 from event loop based to threaded might
easily require changes in our code, as it did for telepathy-qt:

http://launchpadlibrarian.net/280893997/telepathy-qt_0.9.6.1-6ubuntu1_0.9.6.1-7ubuntu2.diff.gz
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/284273846/telepathy-qt_0.9.6.1-7ubuntu2_0.9.6.1-9ubuntu6.diff.gz

Maybe those could give some ideas on what to change in thumbnailer?

As Qt 5.6 is a long term supported release, we can also write test cases
and file bugs upstream https://bugreports.qt-project.org/ to get
attention to problems we have.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to thumbnailer in Ubuntu.

  [MIR] thumbnailer

Status in thumbnailer package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  [Availability]
   * Available in universe

  [Rationale]
   * This package is required by many Ubuntu Touch applications and scopes,
such as gallery app, music app, today scope, music scope, etc.

  [Security]
   * No known security issues at this time. It has been reviewed by security in
the past for use on the phone.

  [Quality assurance]
   * This package has unit tests.

  [Dependencies]
   Most dependencies are already in main with the exception of the following:
   * libboost-filesystem-dev
   * libunity-api-dev (Bug #1613563)
   * persistent-cache-cpp-dev (Bug #1613560)

   Note that the package has other dependencies that are not in main,
  but these are used only for the tests and are not runtime
  dependencies.

  [Standards compliance]
   * This package uses cmake.

  [Maintenance]
   * This package is maintained by Canonical and actively in use on the phone
images.