The bug below was originally created because of the "DENIED" issue and got
merged with the "No Network" issue. I agree that they look like two
separate problems affecting users in multiple countries.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ofono/+bug/1592232

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Pat McGowan <pat.mcgo...@canonical.com>
wrote:

> @andrew that sounds like a different issue, can you enter the bug and
> provide all your system information
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to a
> duplicate bug report (1592232).
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1598181
>
> Title:
>   No network showing from the dialer app even though phone calls are
>   possible
>
> Status in Canonical System Image:
>   Fix Released
> Status in turbo:
>   New
> Status in dialer-app package in Ubuntu:
>   Invalid
> Status in indicator-network package in Ubuntu:
>   Invalid
> Status in ofono package in Ubuntu:
>   Fix Released
>
> Bug description:
>   I noticed that I am seeing "No network" being displayed in the upper
>   right hand corner of the dialer app even though I am able to make
>   phone calls. This is on turbo and using the smaller SIM slot (#2) with
>   T-Mobile in the US.
>
>   Build version info:
>
>   current build number: 116
>   device name: turbo
>   channel: ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/ubuntu
>   last update: 2016-07-01 09:38:31
>   version version: 116
>   version ubuntu: 20160701
>   version device: 20160617-82a5c0d
>   version custom: 20160701
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1598181/+
> subscriptions

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to dialer-app in Ubuntu.