GPS has been not working on my Meizu MX4 for a long time time now. Recently it
went back to life after the OTA 13 update but only for a couple of hours.
After I tried to connect to WIFI, the GPS dropped. And now, after reboot, or
delete  the config file as advised in previous comments, I am back to the
No-GPS state.
It used to work sometimes when wifi was available but now it seems that the
phone is also recently  having big problems connecting to WIFI (cannot connect
to my work wifi for instance).

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to location-service in
Ubuntu.

  MX4 GPS doesn't work at all

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Confirmed
Status in location-service package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  When using location for navigation, GPS is essential. Location can
  also be based on Wifi or phone network, but accuracy for that is
  insufficient for driving/geocaching/any application except nearby
  restaurants.

  I can currently only get a location based on wifi / phone network. If
  I disable this feature, I get no location at all. Not after reboot,
  not sometimes, not ever.

  Trying to do: Navigate using GPS and/or network

  What I expect: Accuracy is high with all location services on. It
  decreases slightly when network based location is switched off. It
  decreases sharply when only GPS is switched off.

  What happens: Accuracy is very low (30m - 2000m) with all location
  services on. Location is impossible when network based location is
  switched off. It doesn't make a difference if I switch the GPS on or
  off.

  This may be a hardware issue, and I'll probably be sending in my phone
  (MX4) for check/repair, but that would mean missing my phone. I'd much
  rather troubleshoot myself.

  I already have location test and sensorsstatus to monitor this, but I
  want to know more about if the chip is functioning. Which logs are
  relevant? I've thought about flashing android on and seeing if that
  helps (which makes it a software issue), or doesn't (which makes it a
  hardware issue). Is there an easier way to get an answer to the
  software/hardware question?

  Thanks!

  Meizu MX4, Ubuntu 15.04r4