Please try connecting to the phone with the phablet-shell command and
run this:

   OAU_LOGGING_LEVEL=2 OAU_DAEMON_TIMEOUT=9999 online-accounts-service

Then try creating the account again in your phone (using the suggested
minimal path), and you should see some output from the command above. If
you could then attach that output to this bug, that should show us what
exactly is going wrong.

** Changed in: ubuntu-system-settings-online-accounts (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-system-settings-
online-accounts in Ubuntu.

  can't connect with owncloud calendars

Status in Ubuntu Calendar App:
  New
Status in ubuntu-system-settings-online-accounts package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  Running my own ownCloud (v9.1.1). Tried to connect Aquarius 4.5 with Calendar
App
  The httpS certificate is official, up to date and not self-signed
  I use 7 calendars in my ownCloud-calendar-app.
  (yes, username and password is correct)

  This I tried:

  https://mydomain/owncloud/        (suggested minimal path on the phone)
  Error message: Invalid username or password

  https://mydomain/owncloud/remote.php/
  Error message: Invalid host URL

  https://mydomain/owncloud/remote.php/dav/   --> (This is the primary caldav
address suggested by ownCloud calendar-app)
  Error message: Invalid host URL

  https://mydomain/owncloud/remote.php/dav/calendars/
  Error message: Invalid host URL

  https://mydomain/owncloud/remote.php/dav/calendars/MYUSERNAME/
  Error message: Invalid host URL

  https://mydomain/owncloud/remote.php/dav/calendars/MYUSERNAME/MYCALENDARNAME/
  Error message: Invalid host URL
  --> This direct path to one of my calendars I use for example to connect my
different calendars with Thunderbird lightning (its working)

  I tried all with and without ending "/"