The patch from that linked codereview was applied in qtbase 5.6.1+dfsg-
3ubuntu5~1 (thanks Timo for taking care of it).

** Changed in: qtbase-opensource-src (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to qtbase-opensource-src in

  Duplicate menu (both unity and in-app) for Qt5 apps

Status in One Hundred Papercuts:
  Confirmed
Status in appmenu-qt5 package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in qtbase-opensource-src package in Ubuntu:

  At least konsole and khelpcenter suffers from this bug:

  Start the app inside the default Unity environment (not under KDE).
  Notice that the app's menubar appears twice.  Once in the upper row of
  the whole desktop, as expected and as it is for every Gnome app.  And
  also inside the application's window, wasting precious screen real
  estate.

  In Utopic, at least for konsole, I'm quite sure that the menu wasn't
  duplicated inside the app, it only appeared on the desktop's top Unity
  bar.

  (I'm not sure I guessed the component right; please reassign as
  appropriate.)

  Package: libdbusmenu-qt5 0.9.3+14.10.20140619-0ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 2.16.2-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Wed Mar 25 16:33:14 2015
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64
(20120425)
  SourcePackage: libdbusmenu-qt
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to vivid on 2015-03-17 (7 days ago)