Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: webbrowser-app (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to webbrowser-app in Ubuntu.

  Downloading blob: URLs fails

Status in webbrowser-app package in Ubuntu:

  If I attempt to download a blob: URL from a site, I am presented with
  a dialog asking to choose an application as destination, and then
  after choosing I am presented with "NetworkError 301: Protocol 'blob'
  is unknown". (Replicate by, for example, going to
  https://www.photoeditorsdk.com/, choosing "Try HTML5 editor", and then
  hitting Export in the editor.) I think that the browser probably hands
  off the URL in question to the download manager, which does not
  understand blob URLs (and should not). The browser should handle this
  itself; it is the only thing that can understand blob URLs, which may
  be (and in this case was) dynamically generated and stored in memory
  only. (If handing off to the download manager is still required, then
  perhaps the browser should serialise to a file or a data URL and then
  hand that URL to the DLM.)