Yes, I remember that Novell had the "great" idea to force a pre-alpha
package management ("Zenworks") into SLE (IIRC SLE 10) and openSUSE
10.1. On the positive side, they learned that this was a terrible idea,
and SUSE developed libzypp and zypper - which turned the Zenworks
desaster into the best package management openSUSE and SLE ever had :-)
so in the end Zenworks improved things, even if it didn't happen in the
way Novell had expected.

Back to the bugreport:

First, thanks for the exact reproducer! I finally understand what you
did, and can reproduce the problem (using nearly-2.11 aa-logprof).

The problem is that you start with a hand-made empty profile in step 2
that does not include tunables/global, and then use aa-logprof to extend
it. (Creating a profile with aa-genprof will always include
tunables/global.)

aa-logprof doesn't check if variables that are used in an abstraction
are defined in the profile file - and if the file doesn't have
tunables/global, there are big chances that they aren't defined. The
question is how we should handle this. Options I can imagine:

a) hardcode to always include tunables/global. This will annoy people
who for some reason don't want it, so I don't like this idea too much -
even if profiles without tunables/global are very rare.

b) when adding an include, check if all variables are defined. This is
possible, but probably some work. It would also mean that aa-logprof
must know where those variables are defined, and ask the user about
including this file in the global area. That would be something totally
new, because right now it only asks about things inside the profile
(well, aa-mergeprof already asks about global includes).

c) declare this bugreport as user error - you broke it, so you own both
parts ;-)

So: yes, this is a valid bugreport, but it's a corner case and not too
high on my TODO list ;-)

** Also affects: apparmor

** Changed in: apparmor

** Tags added: aa-tools

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apparmor in Ubuntu.

  aa-logprof does not include #include <tunables/global> in profiles

Status in AppArmor:
  New
Status in apparmor package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 16.04, fresh profile,
  systemctl reload  apparmor
  says errors:
  сен 30 11:24:33 inetgw1 apparmor[13771]: Found reference to variable PROC,
but is never declared

  This is because there is no  #include <tunables/global>
  in profile.

  Question here is- why? Why aa-logprof did not add it while adding
  includes?

  Thank you!