Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: indicator-network (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to indicator-network in

  [phone] [ubuntu touch] indicator-network-service fail to start

Status in indicator-network package in Ubuntu:

  When I start my BQ Aquaris 4.5, I see a gear with "indicator-network"
  written with nothing in the panel instead of the real indicator menu.

  The settings are also buggy :
  Wifi : I see only saved networks
  Phone network : I cannot enable data.

  I do not know much about ubuntu touch, I tried the following command,
  and I get an error :

  root@ubuntu-phablet:/#
./usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/indicator-network/indicator-network-service
  Error getting the bus address: Cannot autolaunch D-Bus without X11 $DISPLAY
  (process:8397): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_connection_get_unique_name:
assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION (connection)' failed
  terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'
    what():  basic_string::_S_construct null not valid

  Aborted (core dumped)

  Before the bug, I activated simultaneously :
   - 3G
   - wifi
   - VPN

  I turned wifi hotspot on, and a bit later the phone froze on a black
  screen. I turn it off with power button for 5 seconds.

  On reboot, the indicator-network show a gear with empty menu.

  3G + wifi hotspot + vpn worked many times before.

  I run last update : OTA 13.