The verification of the Stable Release Update for lightdm has completed
successfully and the package has now been released to -updates.
Subsequently, the Ubuntu Stable Release Updates Team is being
unsubscribed and will not receive messages about this bug report.  In
the event that you encounter a regression using the package from
-updates please report a new bug using ubuntu-bug and tag the bug report
regression-update so we can easily find any regressions.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Support a user-session mode for authenticating

Status in Light Display Manager:
  Fix Released
Status in Light Display Manager 1.18 series:
  Fix Released
Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in lightdm source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released
Status in lightdm source package in Yakkety:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Ubuntu phone development requires in session greeter functionality to perform
suitably. This functionality does not exist in current versions of LightDM.

  [Test Case]
  1. Install a session that supports in session greeter
  2. Log into that session
  3. Activate greeter functionality

  Expected result:
  It works

  Observed result:
  The functionality is not implemented.

  [Regression Potential]
  Some risk of changing existing behaviour, reduced by regression tests still
passing. Functionality is only enabled for sessions that opt-in to this
behaviour so additional security risks is limited to new sessions.

  Original description:

  We talked about this in person in Prague.

  Ideally a greeter could run as in the user's session and act as a
  lockscreen for the user as well as a way to authenticate/log-in as
  other users.

  This would let us avoid running a whole other session for the greeter
  on the phone, which is memory intensive.

  It might be easiest for unity8 if that API was still just liblightdm,
  just running in a special mode.  But I'm not picky on how it's done.

  There may be security questions around this.  I asked Jamie and Tyler
  about it, I'll post any concerns from them.

Mailing list:
Post to     :
Unsubscribe :
More help   :