there i added 'ip6=only' and 'ip6=only-S' (we can change the syntax),
but '-S' means to pass '-S' to 'dhclient -6'.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to initramfs-tools in Ubuntu.

  configure_networking exits without any ipv6 routes

Status in MAAS:
Status in initramfs-tools package in Ubuntu:

Bug description:
  Because DHCPv6 only does addresses, and not routes,
  configure_networking needs to wait for the kernel to process a router-
  advertisement before returning claiming an IPv6 config (since all it
  will have is a /128 and no routes, making for a pretty useless network
  stack.)  See Bug #1609898 for context.

  (The syntax for ip= should probably also be extended to allow SLAAC
  configuration.  If the user said "dhcp", then we should insist on
  getting our answer from DHCP.)

  On the bright side, iscsi retries, so after 1 or more failures to
  connect, the router-advertisement comes in and the connect succeeds.

Mailing list:
Post to     :
Unsubscribe :
More help   :