I have removed the duplicate status as the linked ticket is now marked
as "Fix Released" but with an up-to-date system I'm still able to
reproduce the problem (I was also wondering a bit why the other ticket
was only posted against aptitude).

** This bug is no longer a duplicate of bug 1537512
   Can't drop privileges for downloading as file

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  flashplugin-installer shows an error message after downloading the
  file with apt 1.1.x

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:
Status in flashplugin-nonfree package in Ubuntu:

Bug description:
  I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 dev with apt 1.1.10 and on trying to install
  flashplugin-installer I'm always getting an error message after the
  file got downloaded. Here is an example output:

  root@ubuntu:~# apt-get install flashplugin-installer --reinstall
  Reading package lists... Done
  Building dependency tree
  Reading state information... Done
    libapt-inst1.7 libapt-pkg4.16
  Use 'apt autoremove' to remove them.
  0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
  Need to get 0 B/6838 B of archives.
  After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
  debconf: delaying package configuration, since apt-utils is not installed
  (Reading database ... 99770 files and directories currently installed.)
  Preparing to unpack .../flashplugin-installer_11.2.202.559ubuntu1_amd64.deb
  Unpacking flashplugin-installer ( over
( ...
  Processing triggers for update-notifier-common (3.164) ...
  flashplugin-installer: downloading
 [26.8 MB]
  Fetched 26.8 MB in 3min 8s (143 kB/s)
  W: Can't drop privileges for downloading as file
 couldn't be accessed by user '_apt'. - pkgAcquire::Run (13: Permission denied)
  Installing from local file
  Flash Plugin installed.
  Setting up flashplugin-installer ( ...