The verification of the Stable Release Update for zfs-linux has
completed successfully and the package has now been released to
-updates. Subsequently, the Ubuntu Stable Release Updates Team is being
unsubscribed and will not receive messages about this bug report. In
the event that you encounter a regression using the package from
-updates please report a new bug using ubuntu-bug and tag the bug report
regression-update so we can easily find any regressions.
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to sysvinit in Ubuntu.
zfs services fail on firstboot if zfs-utils is integrated into the
Status in sysvinit package in Ubuntu:
Status in zfs-linux package in Ubuntu:
Status in sysvinit source package in Xenial:
Status in zfs-linux source package in Xenial:
* zfs services fail on firstboot if zfs-utils is integrated into the
* Output from systemd -
sudo systemctl --failed
UNIT LOAD ACTIVE SUB DESCRIPTION
● zfs-import-scan.service loaded failed failed Import ZFS pools by device
● zfs-mount.service loaded failed failed Mount ZFS filesystems
* This is particularly frustrating for users who use automated
monitoring as it means virtual machines must always be restarted
before showing as clean.
* This failure is due to zfs services starting up before /etc/mtab
has a chance to be symlinked to /proc/mounts.
1. Grab a stock xenial image, and unpack it and add zfs-utils to it. Repack
2. Boot machine
3. Check systemctl --failed.
* none expected, patch has been intensively tested by the upsteam zfs
test script suite.
* This is a upstream commit merge in 0.7.0.
* A ubuntu package has been tested (including the upstream commit) by
a user of the community facing this bug, and confirmed it addresses
the problem (see comment #7).
* The "reading" is redirected to /proc/self/mounts.
The writing to /etc/mtab. Some distros still need that. The current hope is
to replace the writing (and maybe reading) with libmount, in a second phase.
* Upstream commit :
* Upstream bug: https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/issues/4680
* Debian bug : https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~touch-packages
Post to : email@example.com
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~touch-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp