Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: unity8 (Ubuntu)

  unity 8 login stalls

Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:

Bug description:
  Contrary to other login problems with Unity 8 (as installed by default
  in Ubuntu 16.10), I'm not getting a black screen when trying to log
  in. After entering my password the login screen just sort of hangs;
  I'm left with the login GUI (which is frozen) and the top panel (which
  I can use) to display the suspend / restart options. I left it running
  for quite a while, but nothing happened. I can log in to the default
  environment easily.

  I'm running a System 76 Meerkat, having upgraded from Ubuntu 16.04
  without wiping my system drive.

Mailing list:
Post to     :
Unsubscribe :