The log shows LightDM doing the correct thing - it unlocks the logind
session when you get to the greeter. I suspect that Unity has regressed
and is not removing its lock screen when this occurs.

** Also affects: unity (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Double login to switch back to my session after closing the guest

Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:
Status in unity package in Ubuntu:

Bug description:
  Ubuntu 16.10 x64

    * I have my session open and want to temporarily switch to the guest
session. I click on the appropriate item (top right menu of Unity).
    * I am now on the guest session. After I'm done, I close the guest session.
    * I am now in front of a screen where I can input my password to go back to
my session. The wallpaper is the default Ubuntu wallpaper as when I am not
logged in.
    * After I validate my password, another screen is displayed that asks my
again to enter my password. That time, the wallpaper is my personnal wallpaper
I have in my session.
    * I enter my password again and I am back to my session.

  I did not have to enter my password twice in previous versions of
  Ubuntu when switching of sessions.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.10
  Package: lightdm 1.19.5-0ubuntu1