@thiago, this looks like a problem on the contact watcher component.
Could you take a look on that?

** Changed in: messaging-app (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: Renato Araujo Oliveira Filho (renatofilho) => Tiago Salem
Herrmann (tiagosh)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to messaging-app in Ubuntu.

  Wrong name displayed when 1 of 2 similar numbers selected

Status in messaging-app package in Ubuntu:

  I have stored 2 different contacts in my address book with similar
  numbers:

  Name 1 -> +43 1 9663*** (a landline number)
  Name 2 -> +43 699 19663*** (a cell phone number)

  The last 8 digits are the same in both numbers.

  What happens:

  If I select the 2nd number, the messaging app shows the name belonging
  to the 1st number (in both the compose view and in the history view).
  Because the number is not shown in the compose view, I don't see if I
  selected the correct contact.

  (BTW, the dialer app shows the wrong (1st) name as well if I select
  the 2nd contact. But I can check it because the number is shown as
  well.)

  What I expect to happen:

  If I select the 2nd number, the name belonging to the 2nd number
  should be displayed.

  Info:
  BQ Aquaris E4.5 Ubuntu Edition
  Ubuntu 15.04 (OTA-13)
  messaging-app 0.1+15.04.20160831-0ubuntu1