Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: unity8-desktop-session (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to qtubuntu in Ubuntu.

  Unity 8 Desktop Preview System Settings do not work on nouveau
  [ASSERT: "eglSwapBuffers(mEglDisplay, eglSurface) == EGL_TRUE" in file
  ../../../src/ubuntumirclient/glcontext.cpp, line 239]

Status in qtubuntu package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in unity8-desktop-session package in Ubuntu:

  When I try to open System Settings, the Ubuntu logo keeps turning and nothing
happens.
  I installed unity8-desktop-session-mir on my Xenial 16.04.1 Desktop where I
use NVIDIA driver GF108[GeForce GT 530]. I also created a new user account with
English (US) language settings, because Unity 8 does not work well when I use
my own account with my language settings.