** Changed in: lightdm
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Robert Ancell (robert-ancell)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Unity8 session fails to start due to unity-system-compositor

Status in Light Display Manager:
  New
Status in Unity System Compositor:
  New
Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  I've upgraded to 16.10 to try out the latest and the greatest.
  Unfortunately, the Unity8 session does not work anymore. It was
  working as expected on 16.04 with the overlay PPA.

  When I select "Unity8" in lightdm and enter my password, the password
  box disappears, and nothing else happens. I can still access all the
  indicators, so lightdm is not completely frozen. I then have to reboot
  or restart lightdm in tty1 to log in Unity 7.

  I do have a "system problem detected" warning and I did send the
  report, but I can't find it on Launchpad, that's why I'm filing this
  bug manually.

  I'm using Ubuntu 16.10 64bits, with the opensource radeon driver.

  Further info from the automatic bug report:
  Title : unity-system-compositor crashed with SIGABRT in
__gnu_cxx::__verbose_terminate_handler()

  I'm attaching some logs that might be useful.

  Thanks!