Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

  VPN - "Additional DNS servers" Settings are being Ignored

Status in Network Manager Applet:
  New
Status in NetworkManager-OpenVPN:
  New
Status in network-manager-vpnc:
  New
Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:

  During configuring of a VPN, Network Manager normally allows you to
  specify additional DNS servers that are located on the virtual private
  network:

  http://neartalk.com/ss/2016-10-16_001_601x625.png

  However, in Ubuntu 16.10 the network manager is ignoring the
  additional DNS that I've specified at the dialog I've linked above.

  Normally, after connecting to a VPN (where additional DNS servers are
  specified), the command (below) will show (in addition to your local
  DNS servers) the remote DNS servers (located on the VPN):

  nmcli dev show | grep DNS

  Unfortunately, in Ubuntu 16.10, this is not working. Consequently, I
  cannot resolve remote computers by their computer-name, which is very
  inconvenient considering that I have over 100 Remmina connections set
  to resolve by name. Right now, I have to manually discover the IP
  addresses of the remote computer-names before connecting to the
  computers with Remmina.

  I've confirm this issue on both OpenVPN and Cisco vpnc connections.
  The additional DNS server are not making it here:

  nmcli dev show | grep DNS

  Package: network-manager 1.2.4-0ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.3-0ubuntu8
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Sun Oct 16 09:31:31 2016
  IfupdownConfig:
   # interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
   auto lo
   iface lo inet loopback
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety Yak" - Release amd64 (20161012.2)
  NetworkManager.state:
   [main]
   NetworkingEnabled=true
   WirelessEnabled=true
   WWANEnabled=true
  SourcePackage: network-manager
  nmcli-nm:
   RUNNING  VERSION  STATE      STARTUP  CONNECTIVITY  NETWORKING  WIFI-HW
WIFI     WWAN-HW  WWAN
   running  1.2.4    connected  started  full          enabled     enabled
enabled  enabled  enabled