** Changed in: unity8 (Ubuntu)

  unity8-dash on the phone has unreasonable CPU usage when system is
  idle with screen off

Status in Qt integration with the Mir display server:
  In Progress
Status in The Ubuntu Power Consumption Project:
  New
Status in “unity8” package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  I am attaching tty recordings of htop running on N4 with the latest
  image. This is with screen off, no apps running,  system has settled
  after boot. Three recordings of the major CPU usage offenders are
  included:

  unity8
  smartscopesproxy
  mpdecision (probably not directly related to unity8 but adding for
completeness, please point me to a better place to report this if you know)

  To replay the tty recordings use "ttyplay file.tty" (from ubuntu
  package "ttyrec")