gksudo gedit /usr/share/python-apt/templates/Ubuntu.info
does not work on my computer.
I can click and open the file.
This is a better link to the fix.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/U+1/tester-wiki

I have never had to do this before, so it seems like a Regression to me.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to software-properties in

  software-properties-gtk crashes, not working right on click

Status in software-properties package in Ubuntu:

  miked@free-zesty:~$ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      17.04
  miked@free-zesty:~$ lsb_release -a
  No LSB modules are available.
  Distributor ID:       Ubuntu
  Release:      17.04
  Codename:     zesty
  miked@free-zesty:~$

  miked@free-zesty:~$ sudo apt-cache policy software-properties-gtk
  sudo: unable to resolve host free-zesty: Resource temporarily unavailable
  software-properties-gtk:
    Installed: 0.96.24.7
    Candidate: 0.96.24.7
    Version table:
   *** 0.96.24.7 500
          500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu zesty/main amd64 Packages
          500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu zesty/main i386 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
  miked@free-zesty:~$

  I expected to open the Software & Updates, (under System Settings, on Right
corner drop-down menu, I can't tell you the name of the drop-down menu, because
my screen does not display right.), by clicking on Icon.
  A crash happened instead.

  Package: software-properties-gtk 0.96.24.7
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_uvm nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.3-0ubuntu8
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Tue Oct 25 03:28:13 2016
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 15.10 "Wily Werewolf" - Release amd64 (20151021)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_US
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: software-properties
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to zesty on 2016-10-25 (0 days ago)