Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. I'm catching up on old bugs today.

This sounds like a valid bug, but I don't think it's worth diverging
Ubuntu over this due to the additional maintenance effort this would
require. So I don't think we'll fix this in Ubuntu until after upstream
have released the fix. I'm going to mark this "Won't Fix" in Ubuntu to
reflect this. We can change this status if needed if upstream decide to
do something about this bug.

The best way to make progress on this bug would be to check that it
still affects the latest upstream release, check for an existing bug
upstream, report it if necessary and send patches directly upstream.

** Changed in: net-tools (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: net-tools (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: needs-upstream-report

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to net-tools in Ubuntu.

  netstat --numeric-ports also shows hosts only in numeric format

Status in net-tools package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in net-tools package in Debian:

  Binary package hint: net-tools

  Output from 'lsb_release -rd'

  Release:        9.04

  According to the man page of netstat, netstat --numeric-ports "shows
numerical port numbers but does not affect
  the resolution of host or user names". In reality, this option also leads to
a ip-address display of hosts (which
  is wrong, unwanted and different from previous versions).