Is this issue still occurring on Ubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety Yak?"?

** Changed in: gstreamer0.10 (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gstreamer0.10 in Ubuntu.

  .mkv & .flv videos don't play in Totem Ubuntu 11.10

Status in gstreamer0.10 package in Ubuntu:

  In Ubuntu 11.10, I can't play .mkv and some .flv videos in Totem (some
  other .flv videos do work). I don't get any messages, they just don't
  play. I see only the first frame of the .mkv or .flv video freezing on
  Totem where it says "Playing" at the left-bottom, the time stays 0:00
  / 0:00 and the audio is automatically muted  every time I play any
  .mkv or .flv video.

  When I right click in Nautilus to see the properties of these not-
  playing files I get a popup window saying "Creating Properties window.
  You can stop this operation by clicking cancel." -- and that is all I
  get. From the files that do play, I do get a properties window.

  Package: libgstreamer0.10-0 0.10.35-1
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: amd64