I suggest some simple glReadPixels is sufficient :)

Mir's current screen{shot,cast} infrastructure is a bit complicated and
designed on the assumption that rendering everything twice is faster
than rendering everything once with a glReadPixels in the loop. I think
that assumption may yet be proven false. So a simple glReadPixels could
work (even from inside QtMir).

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mir in Ubuntu.

  [enhancement] Should be possible to take a screen shot on the phone
  from the phone itself

Status in Mir:
  Opinion
Status in Qt integration with the Mir display server:
  In Progress
Status in “mir” package in Ubuntu:
  Opinion
Status in “unity8” package in Ubuntu:

  Currently, the only way to take a screenshot is to attach the phone to
  a computer via USB and use phablet-screenshot.

  There should be a way to take a screenshot from the phone. Otherwise,
  it will be hard for people to share how great their phone is on social
  media, as well as other functions.