** Tags added: upgrade-software-version

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to jasper in Ubuntu.

  New Version of JasPer JPEG2000 Software Available

Status in jasper package in Ubuntu:

  I hope that this is not inappropriate to submit as a bug report.

  As best I can tell, it seems that Ubuntu Zesty (as well as other
  versions) is using JasPer version 1.900.1.  This version of the JasPer
  software is very old and numerous bug fixes have been made since the
  time that this old version was released. It is possible to adopt a
  newer version of JasPer the from upstream source?

  The most recent version of JasPer is 1.900.22.  See the JasPer web site for
details:
  http://www.ece.uvic.ca/~mdadams/jasper

  A link to the 1.900.22 release tarball is as follows:
  http://www.ece.uvic.ca/~frodo/jasper/software/jasper-1.900.22.tar.gz

  Or alternatively you could just pull code from the master branch of the
official JasPer Git repository on GitHub:
  https://github.com/mdadams/jasper