I can confirm that the aspect ratio is incorrect, both for the inline
video scope playback and in mediaplayer-app. It seems to be stretch
vertically.

** Also affects: qtvideo-node (Ubuntu)

** Project changed: mediaplayer-app => media-hub

** Project changed: media-hub => media-hub (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: media-hub (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: qtvideo-node (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: media-hub (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: qtvideo-node (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- wrong aspect ratio for video playback
+ Wrong aspect ratio for video playback

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to qtvideo-node in Ubuntu.

  Wrong aspect ratio for video playback

Status in media-hub package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in qtvideo-node package in Ubuntu:

  On my BQ M10, some MP4 videos have a wrong aspect ratio when played.

  While the preview picture is displayed correctly, the playback of
  video has wrong aspect ratio.

  The MP4-video is 16:9 with 720x576 pixels and seems to be played back
  without pixel aspect ratio correction. This is annoying.

  The video file itself seems to be OK as it is played back correctly
  with vlc, mplayer and totem on my desktop system.