** Description changed:

  [Rationale]
  For backporting snapd to 14.04 LTS, we need to provide proper AppArmor
confinement for snaps when running under the 16.04 hardware enablement kernel.
The apparmor userspace package in 14.04 is missing support key mediation
features such as UNIX domain socket rules, AppArmor policy namespaces, and
AppArmor profile stacking. UNIX domain socket mediation is needed by nearly all
snaps. AppArmor policy namespaces and profile stacking are needed by the lxd
snap.
+
+ Unfortunately, it was not feasible to backport the individual features
+ to the 14.04 apparmor package as they're quite complex and have a large
+ number of dependency patches. Additionally, the AppArmor policy
+ abstractions from Ubuntu 16.04 are needed to provide proper snap
+ confinement. Because of these two reasons, the decision to bring 16.04's
+ apparmor package to 14.04 was (very carefully) made.
+
+ [Test Case]
+
+   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Process/Merges/TestPlans/AppArmor
+
+ This update will go through the Test Plan as well as manual testing to
+ verify that snap confinement on 14.04 does work. Manual tests include
+ installing snapd in 14.04 and running simple snaps such as pwgen-tyhicks
+ and hello-world, as well as a much more complex snap such as lxd.
+
+ [Regression Potential]
+ High. We must be extremely careful to not regress existing, confined
applications in Ubuntu 14.04. We are lucky that the upstream AppArmor project
has extensive regression tests and that the Ubuntu Security team adds even more
testing via the AppArmor Test Plan.
+
+ Care was taken to minimally change how the AppArmor policies are loaded
+ during the boot process. I also verified that the abstractions shipped
+ in apparmor and the profiles shipped in apparmor-profiles are the same
+ across this SRU update. Additionally, I've ran the following regression
+ tests from lp:qa-regression-testing (these packages ship an AppArmor
+ profile):
+
+  test-apache2-mpm-event.py
+  test-apache2-mpm-itk.py
+  test-apache2-mpm-perchild.py
+  test-apache2-mpm-prefork.py
+  test-apache2-mpm-worker.py
+  test-bind9.py
+  test-clamav.py
+  test-cups.py
+  test-dhcp.py
+  test-mysql.py
+  test-ntp.py
+  test-openldap.py
+  test-rsyslog.py
+  test-squid.py
+  test-tcpdump.py

** Also affects: apparmor (Ubuntu Trusty)

** Changed in: apparmor (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: apparmor (Ubuntu Trusty)

** Changed in: apparmor (Ubuntu Trusty)

** Changed in: apparmor (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: apparmor (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: Tyler Hicks (tyhicks) => (unassigned)

** Changed in: apparmor (Ubuntu Trusty)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Tyler Hicks (tyhicks)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apparmor in Ubuntu.

  Provide full AppArmor confinement for snaps on 14.04

Status in apparmor package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in apparmor source package in Trusty:
  In Progress

Bug description: