This bug was fixed in the package lightdm - 1.20.0-0ubuntu3

---------------
lightdm (1.20.0-0ubuntu3) zesty; urgency=medium

  * Add debian/patches/terminate-session.patch: Terminate leftover processes
    in greeter session. It can happen that the greeter session does not
    properly clean up itself on logout. This causes leaked processes like
    settings-daemon which act on the user session as they share the same
    $DISPLAY. Ask logind to terminate remaining processes in the greeter
    session on closing, which is more robust than trying to fix every greeter.
    (LP: #1637758)

 -- Martin Pitt <martin.p...@ubuntu.com>  Tue, 22 Nov 2016 09:43:39
+0100

** Changed in: lightdm (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  lightdm greeter session not properly shut down at login

Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:

  I am using lightdm with 2 seats. After 2409 revision randomly one of
  two seats does not work correctly.

  xsettings plugin from unity-settings-daemon or gnome-settings-deamon
  fails to start because there is already _XSESSION_S* manager running.

  After revision 2409 in system monitor I see that there is still
  running unity-settings-daemon started by lightdm. Reverting this
  revision fixes my problem.