This is an upstream regression very probably caused by:

https://anongit.mindrot.org/openssh.git/commit/?id=65c6c6b567ab5ab12945a5ad8e0ab3a8c26119cc

I'd suggest filing it upstream at https://bugzilla.mindrot.org/ - it may
be possible to preserve the intent of the above change by substituting a
deliberately-locale-unaware version of tolower() when parsing
configuration files, or maybe just by calling setlocale() after parsing
configuration files.

 status triaged

** Changed in: openssh (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssh in Ubuntu.

  Can not ssh with tr_TR.UTF-8 locales (Bad configuration options)

Status in openssh package in Ubuntu:

  I can not ssh to any host with Turkish locales.

  What I expected to happen:

      I expected that 'ssh some_host' command would successfully run.

  What actually happened

      'ssh some_host' command failed with an error.

  Steps to produce:

  1. Open a terminal
  2. Run LANG=tr_TR.UTF-8 ssh some_host

  If I run ssh with tr_TR.UTF-8 locale, the first error I get is:

      $HOME/.ssh/config: line 7: Bad configuration option: Identityfile
      $HOME/.ssh/config: terminating, 1 bad configuration options

  If I commend IdentityFile option from $HOME/.ssh/config file and re-
  run the command, I get this:

      debug1: Reading configuration data ~/.ssh/config
      debug1: /etc/ssh/ssh_config line 19: Applying options for *
      /etc/ssh/ssh_config: line 55: Bad configuration option:
gssapIauthentication
      /etc/ssh/ssh_config: line 56: Bad configuration option:
gssapIdelegatecredentials
      /etc/ssh/ssh_config: terminating, 2 bad configuration options

  If I commend GSSAPIAuthentication and GSSAPIDelegateCredentials
  option, I can ssh to a host.

  So to ssh to a host with tr_TR.UTF-8 locale, one must commend out
  IdentityFile, if it is used, GSSAPIAuthentication and
  GSSAPIDelegateCredentials optons.

  Workaround:

      LC_ALL=C ssh some_host

  LC_ALL=C apt-cache policy openssh-client
  openssh-client:
    Installed: 1:7.3p1-1
    Candidate: 1:7.3p1-1
    Version table:
   *** 1:7.3p1-1 500
          500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu yakkety/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  LC_ALL=C lsb_release -a
  No LSB modules are available.
  Distributor ID:       Ubuntu
  Release:      16.10
  Codename:     yakkety

  Package: openssh-client 1:7.3p1-1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.3-0ubuntu8
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Tue Nov  1 19:37:35 2016
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety Yak" - Release amd64 (20161012.2)
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   ssh-askpass       N/A
   libpam-ssh        N/A
   keychain          N/A
   ssh-askpass-gnome N/A
  SSHClientVersion: OpenSSH_7.3p1 Ubuntu-1, OpenSSL 1.0.2g  1 Mar 2016
  SourcePackage: openssh