On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 03:45:46PM -0000, Marc Deslauriers wrote:
> gst-plugins-good1.0 also needs to be updated to incorporate the security
> fixes from (1.8.2-1ubuntu0.2). Marking as verification-failed until
> then.

I will do that tomorrow, but please note that there are further commits
to flxdec that you might want in -security. They fix a crash, not sure
if it is exploitable.

  https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-good/log/?h=1.8

AFL-testing all the remaining elements would be a good exercise,
although I bet someone is doing that now.

--
Iain Lane                                  [ i...@orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ la...@debian.org ]

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gst-plugins-bad1.0 in

  [SRU] New stable release 1.8.3

Status in gst-libav1.0 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gst-plugins-bad1.0 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gst-plugins-base1.0 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gst-plugins-good1.0 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gst-plugins-ugly1.0 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gstreamer-vaapi package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gstreamer1.0 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gst-libav1.0 source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed
Status in gst-plugins-bad1.0 source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed
Status in gst-plugins-base1.0 source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed
Status in gst-plugins-good1.0 source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed
Status in gst-plugins-ugly1.0 source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed
Status in gstreamer-vaapi source package in Xenial:
  In Progress
Status in gstreamer1.0 source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed
Status in gst-plugins-bad1.0 source package in Yakkety:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  [ Description ]

  We should keep up with GStreamer's bugfix releases in the 1.8 series
  that 16.04 shipped with.

  [ QA and testing ]

  Play a range of videos in Totem. Play a range of audio tracks in
  Rhythmbox. Try to stream audio and/or video. Try to install a missing
  codec.

  In all cases, make sure that everything which worked before still
  works.

  [ Regression potential ]

  One of the fixes could be bad. Watch out for it.