** Also affects: canonical-devices-system-image

** Tags added: unity8-desktop

  New spread shows cropped thumbnails

Status in Canonical System Image:
  New
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:

  While the new spread is generally nicer than the previous one, it also
  carries an inconvenience: the application's thumbnail is cropped.

  This is not only an aesthetic issue: it becomes a problem, when the
  user activates a window from the spread and immediately tries to
  activate a control in the application, just to see that the wrong
  control gets activated. This is especially easy to trigger when
  activating the dash and immediately starting another application: due
  to the cropping of the thumbnail contents, the user expects the
  restored application's controls to be placed consistently with the
  thumbnail preview, but ends up launching the wrong application.

  I'm attaching a video, as it will be easier to understand: I want to
  start the Flickr Uploader app, but Dotty is started instead.