XPS 15 9550
Ubuntu 16.10
BIOS: 1.2.16

I have this same issue.  Suspending and un-suspending works for me.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  [XPS 15 9550, Realtek ALC3266] Headphone jack stops working after a
  while

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:

  I'm experiencing a strange behavior with a headphone jack on my
  laptop.

  I have an external audio speaker connected to it. When I disconnect the
speaker and reconnect it again it stops working.
  Even more, laptop audio stops working too. And after the reboot, I don't even
see any of the audio devices.

  I've googled a lot and tried different fixes from forums with no luck.
  After a while, I've accidentally discovered that putting the laptop to
  the sleep mode and rebooting system after brings audio back to live.
  Even more, if speakers were attached during this sleep-reboot
  procedure, they are starting to work as well.

  However, after the next reboot speakers are not working again. And if
  I will plug them out and in - problem with completely missing audio
  returns.

  P.S. I'm using laptop-mode-tools package on my laptop. Recovery after
  hibernation made me believe that it's somehow related. But after
  uninstalling this package nothing really changed.

  Package: alsa-base 1.0.25+dfsg-0ubuntu5
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p:   kop        3224 F...m pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  kop        3224 F.... pulseaudio
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Tue Apr 26 12:17:03 2016
  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20160420.1)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: alsa-driver
  Symptom: audio
  Symptom_Card: Встроенное аудио - HDA Intel PCH
  Symptom_Jack: Black Headphone Out, Left
  Symptom_Type: Sound works for a while, then breaks
  Title: [XPS 15 9550, Realtek ALC3266, Black Headphone Out, Left] fails after
a while
  dmi.bios.date: 04/07/2016
  dmi.bios.vendor: Dell Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: 01.02.00
  dmi.board.name: 0N7TVV
  dmi.board.vendor: Dell Inc.
  dmi.board.version: A00
  dmi.chassis.type: 9
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Dell Inc.
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnDellInc.:bvr01.02.00:bd04/07/2016:svnDellInc.:pnXPS159550:pvr:rvnDellInc.:rn0N7TVV:rvrA00:cvnDellInc.:ct9:cvr:
  dmi.product.name: XPS 15 9550
  dmi.sys.vendor: Dell Inc.