@John

The design for the network indicator says nothing about indication of
which slot is being used when it describes the behavior with respect to
active mobile data connection w/no wi-fi connections.  See the
description in the wiki:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Networking#Title

The proper way to see which SIM is configured for GPRS is to check the
system settings per:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Networking#A.2BIBw-
Cellular.2BIB0_settings_on_phone

I just verified that things are working as expected with two T-Mobile
SIMs in krillin / RTM #44.

** Attachment added: "krillin-2g-active-sim2.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/indicator-network/+bug/1366014/+attachment/4209262/+files/krillin-2g-active-sim2.png

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-themes in Ubuntu.

  In a Dual SIM phone, There is no way to know which of the two SIMs is
  being used for cellular data.

Status in Network Menu:
  Triaged
Status in “ubuntu-themes” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Pulled as separate task from bug #1350739, per comment #6:

  * There is no way to know which of the two SIMs is being used for
  cellular data. Also, it looks like the displayed indicator mixes data
  from different slots: when I have a connection on the secondary slot
  using EDGE, I see an icon with an "H" some times, and with an "E" (the
  right one) some times. The H is probably taking from the technology in
  the primary slot, which is not attached.