Hi!

For me the new layout is great, but I think it might be the best
solution to chance only the transparency of the background of the
keyboard an not of the letters. Because with 100% transparency letters
you didn’t see were you typing.

At next probably for bright background dark letters are right (like the
text messaging app, the web browser, the notes app, ..), but for dark
backgrounds you will need bright letters (looks like the lock screen).

So I think the keyboard on the lock screen and the "general" keyboard
are two different types.

Further we should be able to adjust the colour of the letters on the
lock screen keyboard because the colour depends on your background on
the Phone (Snowy Mountains need a dark colour, the Ubuntu magenta
background need bright letters, ...).

Sorry for my bad English, I hope you will understand what I mean.

Greets!

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-keyboard in Ubuntu.

  Add option for semi-transparent keyboard

Status in Ubuntu UX:
  Fix Committed
Status in ubuntu-keyboard package in Ubuntu:

  OK, this is not a real bug, rather a characteristic. But one that can be
easily solved, thus I'd like to make a feature request.
  Especially in the landscape mode, the onscreen keyboard takes up a large
portion of the screen. Potentially it can overlap the window where the text is
being typed into, so you cannot see what you're typing.
  This could be VERY easily solved by letting users to set transparency level
for the entire onscreen keyboard. Attached is my concept of maliit keyboard at
70% opacity on Ubuntu Touch phone, in landscape windowed mode.

  UX fix
  In System settings, the on screen keyboard option will allow a user to set
the opacity for their OSK.

  This will be a slider in the on screen keyboard option in system
  settings, with the options to set opacity from 50%-100%