First of all, you just cost me a few hours trying to get my network
connection back after the instructions for reinstall of network-manager
upon failed WICD, themselves, failed.

Second, if the default network manager system that comes with distributions
has a bug, it's not "whining" to rather insist that it be fixed or replaced
with something that works.

On Sat, Nov 5, 2016 at 3:50 AM, Peter S <1589...@bugs.launchpad.net>
wrote:

> If people keep whining about bugs in network-manager, without even
> trying WICD (or the like) for a couple of weeks, this thread is
> meaningless!
>
> I'm still not sure that the problems I experience are completely
> unrelated to network-manager. I seem to have a more stable connection
> with WICD, so far. But I have to try it for another few weeks before I
> can say anything for sure.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1589401
>
> Title:
>   cannot view wifi networks after re-enabling wifi
>
> Status in NetworkManager:
>   Confirmed
> Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:
>   Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
>   after re enabling wifi, up-down arrows just like wired network. cannot
>   see any wifi ssid.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.