Adding a new package and X-related setup would probably be done in
Libertine.

** Package changed: mir (Ubuntu) => canonical-devices-system-image

** Also affects: libertine

** Tags added: unity8-desktop

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mir in Ubuntu.

  Add xauth for helping X forwarding scenarios

Status in Canonical System Image:
  New
Status in Libertine:

  Mir is separate from X so it seems counter intuitive to request xauth
  added. But let me explain.

  Even despite that Ubuntu Touch on devices like phones and tablets
  lacks the X stack almost entirely (except xmir and what seems to be
  modified version of gtk-x11 libs), yet the X forwarding via ssh is a
  viable scenario for the same device, even so. Because the X stack from
  the remote client will provide the display and input.

  Now, I myself am using X forwarding with Ubuntu Touch phone (Meizu
  MX4) and I run Gtk apps using this method. The ONLY step I had to
  undergo beforehand was creating .Xauthority file. That is the only
  requirement, everything else is ready for the scenario. The easiest
  way to generate .Xauthority file is with xauth tool. This is also a
  very light (sizewise) package, so I think it would be of great
  benefit.

  Optionally, I would see it of further help if possibly upon setting up
account in newly installed Ubuntu Touch with only Mir, the .Xauthority could be
auto-generated in the user's home.
  Because Mir and X forwarding via ssh do not conflict, they are not mutually
exclusive.

  1. These changes are of tiny footprint yet improve usability greatly
  2. Users who build chroot containers will also benefit, being able to copy
.Xauthority into the chroot so that when inside they can still instantinate X
forwarded apps