I thought Brandon had solved this problem already?

** Package changed: mir (Ubuntu) => canonical-devices-system-image

** Tags added: unity8-desktop

** Changed in: canonical-devices-system-image

** Also affects: libertine

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mir in Ubuntu.

  Add maliit-inputcontext-gtk3 maliit-inputcontext-gtk2 to default
  Ubuntu Touch image

Status in Canonical System Image:
  New
Status in Libertine:

  This is a feature request. It is already possible to run Gtk apps directly on
the phone via XMir, out of the box, on a fresh clean system. However in order
to enjoy the onscreen keyboard in those applications, it is required to
manually remount / to writable, install maliit-inputcontext-gtk3 and
maliit-inputcontext-gtk2 and remount the / back to read-only.
  For an average user this is inconvenient to say the least.

  So I would like to ask kindly to just include these two packages in
  the default image because:

  1. Since running gtk apps is supported (X-Ubuntu-XMir-Enable=true) the osk
support should be supported out of the box as well
  2. These packages both are very very light in size anyways
  3. Gtk port for Mir is in works, so this would have it settled ahead of time