In the example above, I dimmed backlight to complete black (nothing
visible) 2x, just before posting the log...

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to indicator-power in Ubuntu.

  Possible to manually set display brightness to 0 on Ubuntu Touch on
  Aquaris E5

Status in indicator-power package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in repowerd package in Ubuntu:

  Possible to manually set display brightness to 0 on Ubuntu Touch

  It is possible to move the brightness slider to the very left
  position, which will set the display brightness of affected device to
  zero, or, to total darkness.

  This is a bug, since this leads to user's inability to set the brightness
back or, generally, to operate the device.
  There is a slight chance, though, to return the brightness back to non-zero
value (blindly, trying by user's memory).

  Also, this gets even more problematic, if we think about a scenario, where
such Ubuntu device is locked by a PIN.
  User has to try to unlock the device on the dark screen, open the top panel
with settings, scroll to the far right (to access the brightness settings), and
then trying to hit the correct slider - all on a dark screen.

  This happened on Aquaris E5.