Adam, I can confirm, bug fix is worked for me, while Russian keyboard
and timezone was selected.

dist: xenial
apt: 1.2.18/xenial-proposed
ubiquity: 2.21.63.3

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  yakkety desktop - non-english installation crashes with
  /plugininstall.py: ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10:
  ''

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in ubiquity package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in apt source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed
Status in ubiquity source package in Xenial:

  Enviroment: Ubuntu 16.10.5 Yakkety Yak http://cdimage.ubuntu.com
  /daily-live/current/

  HW: Toshiba portege Z30-A12T | Intel i5+intel graphics | SSD hd

  Preconditions: W10+Xenial xerus installed, internet connection, 3rd
  party sw and updates selected

  [Impact]
  Breaks installation in some non-English locales.

  [Test case]
  Steps to reproduce:

  1º Click something else on Installation type screen>select /dev/sdaX where
Xenial is installed, use it to mount / and leave some space to create the /home
partition(ext4)
  2º Then click back and select erase ubuntu 16.04.1 and install Yakkety
  3º Installation starts

  Current result: After a little time installing it crashes and a window
  shows up to let the user know that some info is being gathered to send
  it to developers, and finally firefox opens on the bug report web on
  ubiquity package

  Expected result: No crashes during installation

  [Regression potential]
  Very low, we're running this in 1.3 since a long time. The fix depends on
another one that restricts the Date parser to accept only UTC time zones in
Release files, though (we do not understand the other ones anyway), and thus
might reject some repositories it silently accepted in a wrong way previously
(we have not seen anyone report a regression yet since uploading that in June).

  Package: ubiquity 16.10.5
  ApportVersion: 2.20.3-0ubuntu5
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperVersion: 1.376