We're dropping dnsmasq from default, marking as Won't Fix in network-
manager.

** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre (cyphermox) => (unassigned)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lxc in Ubuntu.

  /etc/dnsmasq.d-available/lxc circular link

Status in libvirt package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in lxc package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in libvirt source package in Quantal:
  Fix Released
Status in lxc source package in Quantal:
  Fix Released
Status in network-manager source package in Quantal:
  Won't Fix
Status in libvirt source package in Raring:
  Fix Released
Status in lxc source package in Raring:
  Fix Released
Status in network-manager source package in Raring:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  = Rational =
  We pushed a custom dnsmasq hook to precise, quantal and raring over the past
few months to avoid conflicts for people running the dnsmasq system daemon
(non-default).
  However because we introduced this change as SRU, it's causing problems when
then upgrading to the next release by having the migration code get executed
multiple times.
  We need to fix this and repare broken systems in the process.

  = Test case =
   - Install any of the current  lxc, libvirt-bin or network-manager on Ubuntu
12.04 or 12.10
   - Dist-upgrade to the next version of Ubuntu
   - You'll notice /etc/dnsmasq.d-available/FILE is now a circular link,
/etc/dnsmasq.d/FILE no longer exists and the old content is moved to
/etc/dnsmasq.d-available/FILE.dpkg-new (where FILE is lxc, dnsmasq or
network-manager)
   - Updating to a fixed package will move everything back into place (assuming
the user hasn't done any local change in between, in which case, nothing will
be done)

  = Regression potential =
  I have tested the change doing precise -> quantal -> raring and quantal ->
raring and I'm confident the new postinst hook will fix any breakage. It's also
specific enough to only trigger in the specific case we know how to repair. In
all other cases, we keep the system as-is and let the user deal with it. As a
result, it's not impossible that some weird corner cases (for example when
removing/purging the package in between dist-upgrades) may go unfixed but I'm
confident we'll cover at least 99% of the cases with the fix and that this fix
is safe.

  --- Original bug report ---
  In today's Raring apt-get dist-upgrade:

  Setting up lxc (0.9.0~rc1-0ubuntu1) ...
  Installing new version of config file
/etc/apparmor.d/lxc/lxc-default-with-nesting ...
  dpkg: warning: lxc: config file '/etc/dnsmasq.d-available/lxc' is a circular
link
   (= '/etc/dnsmasq.d-available/lxc')