Raring reached EOL on January 27, 2014.
See this document for currently supported Ubuntu releases:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases

If you are having a problem in a supported release, please file a new report
via a terminal:
ubuntu-bug bcmwl

Do feel free to report any other bugs you may find.

Helpful bug reporting tips:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReportingBugs

** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

  Random wireless stalling using wl driver, chipset broadcom 4313
  [14e4:4727], on a Lenovo S206

Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  I am randomly losing connectivity to the Internet. I cannot ping
  anything, DNS resolving does not work and i cannot view any web pages,
  apt-get and such.

  I am seeing this issue on the liveCD, a fresh install of Saucy (daily
  build 23/5/2013) and also on an upgrade from Raring to Saucy.

  Network manager still thinks i am connected.

  I have disabled network manager and connected using a wpa_passphrase
  file and i still get the same issue.

  Interestingly enough, if i disconnect and reconnect to the wireless
  access point using nm_applet, i can get connectivity again until it
  stops again.

  route and arp -a were taking an age to return so i added a static
  entry to the arp cache. That made no difference.

  I have increased the debugging level from wpa_supplicant but i could
  not see any obvious failure in there. I'm not 100% sure what to look
  for though.

  I could see nothing in syslog or dmesg that would point to any obvious
  failure.

  I have uploaded this bug report after booting into the fresh problem
  install, waiting for the connection problem, reconnecting and raising
  this bug report.

  I am willing to help with any diagnostic information i can supply. The
  only connectivity this netbook has is wireless so this will be an
  issue when Saucy is released.

  I have lost connectivity while typing up this bug report.

  Package: network-manager 0.9.8.0-0ubuntu8
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl
  ApportVersion: 2.10.2-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Fri May 24 20:17:14 2013
  IfupdownConfig:
   # interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
   auto lo
   iface lo inet loopback
  InstallationMedia: Xubuntu 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" - Alpha amd64 (20130520)
  IpRoute:
   default via 192.168.0.1 dev eth0  proto static
   169.254.0.0/16 dev eth0  scope link  metric 1000
   192.168.0.0/24 dev eth0  proto kernel  scope link  src 192.168.0.100  metric
9
  MarkForUpload: True
  NetworkManager.state:
   [main]
   NetworkingEnabled=true
   WirelessEnabled=true
   WWANEnabled=true
   WimaxEnabled=true
  SourcePackage: network-manager
  nmcli-con:
   NAME                      UUID                                   TYPE
      TIMESTAMP    TIMESTAMP-REAL                     AUTOCONNECT   READONLY
DBUS-PATH
   whitehouse                ad5fc2ff-a272-404c-acb9-ff55fa8188c9
802-11-wireless   1369423172   Fri 24 May 2013 20:19:32 BST       yes
no         /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Settings/0
  nmcli-dev:
   DEVICE     TYPE              STATE         DBUS-PATH

   eth0       802-11-wireless   connected
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/0
  nmcli-nm:
   RUNNING         VERSION    STATE           NET-ENABLED   WIFI-HARDWARE
WIFI       WWAN-HARDWARE   WWAN
   running         0.9.8.0    connected       enabled       enabled
enabled    enabled         disabled