** Tags added: nm-improvements

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to glib2.0 in Ubuntu.

  Constant dns traffic for daisy.ubuntu.com

Status in Whoopsie:
  Confirmed
Status in glib2.0 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in whoopsie package in Ubuntu:

  Watching GNetworkMonitor's network-changed signal causes constant DNS
  traffic.

  Andy Whitcroft points out that the NETLINK_ROUTE socket set up by
  GNetworkMonitor will fire events every time an ARP entry appears or
  disappears.

  Unfortunately, we currently need an additional layer of connectivity
  checking because checking NetworkManager's state for CONNECTED_GLOBAL
  is not enough to know whether we're really online. Ubuntu does not yet
  use the NetworkManager connectivity check [1].

  The likely solution to this bug is a replacement for GNetworkMonitor
  in whoopsie.

  1: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~daisy-
  pluckers/whoopsie/trunk/view/head:/src/connectivity.c#L326

  Original report follows:

  Every few seconds, I see a dns query for daisy.ubuntu.com. After
  removing whoopsie, the traffic goes away.