This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
>From a terminal window please run:

apport-collect 1652101

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apparmor in Ubuntu.

  Can't created nested AppArmor namespaces

Status in apparmor package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:

  A user with CAP_MAC_ADMIN in the init namespace can create an AppArmor
  policy namespace and load a profile belonging to that AppArmor
  namespace. Once that's done, the user can confine a process with that
  namespaced AppArmor profile and enter into a user namespace. That
  process can then load additional AppArmor profiles inside of the
  AppArmor and user namespace. Here's an example:

  We need to set up the namespace, n1, and load the profile, p1.
  $ export rules="file, signal, unix, dbus, ptrace, mount, pivot_root,
capability,"
  $ sudo mkdir /sys/kernel/security/apparmor/policy/namespaces/n1
  $ echo "profile p1 { $rules }" | sudo apparmor_parser -qrn n1

  Now we enter into confinement using the AppArmor namespace and profile and
then enter into an unprivileged user namespace
  $ aa-exec -n n1 -p p1 -- unshare -Ur

  We can now load profiles as the privileged user inside of the unprivileged
user namespace
  # echo "profile test {}" | apparmor_parser -qr

  The reason for this bug report is that we cannot create a nested
  AppArmor policy namespace inside of the unprivileged user namespace

  # mkdir /sys/kernel/security/apparmor/policy/namespaces/n1/namespaces/p1
  mkdir: cannot create directory
‘/sys/kernel/security/apparmor/policy/namespaces/n1/namespaces/p1’: Permission
denied

  If that worked, we could adjust LXD to read
  /sys/kernel/security/apparmor/.ns_name to get the current AppArmor
  namespace, then create a new namespace under the current namespace,
  and leverage the nested namespace for its nested containers.