Addendum for anyone else coming across this thread: for the workaround,
I have added `export GTK_IM_MODULE=xim` to `~/.xprofile`. Environment
values exported in `.bashrc` will not be applied to the graphical
environment, and therefore will not affect apps launched from the GUI.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to console-setup in Ubuntu.

  There is no <compose> sequence for c-acute

Status in console-setup package in Ubuntu:

  Starting with Ubuntu 11.10, the key sequence Compose+apostrophe+c
  produces the letter ç (c with cedilla) while the correct one should be
  ć (c with acute). My compose key is mapped to the right menu key.

  The problem is visible in FireFox, Thunderbird, and gedit. Strangely,
  however, Emacs does it correctly.