I am not convinced that this patch is correct. (I will look more
carefully when I return from a trip.)

Are you aware that resolvconf by default (unless
TRUNCATE_NAMESERVER_LIST_AFTER_LOOPBACK_ADDRESS=no) truncates the list
of nameservers after a loopback address?

** Changed in: resolvconf (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to resolvconf in Ubuntu.

  Resolvconf multiple nameservers and search domains only first is used
  - quote bug

Status in resolvconf package in Ubuntu:

  Having more than one 'nameserver' or 'search' entry in any of the
  source files results in only the first one being used. The cause is a
  quote bug in /etc/resolvconf/update.d/libc. Patch attached.